Monday, June 13, 2011

Finding the Time

I have to admit that I'm struggling. 

Not in the physical or mental way (though I'm sure there are those who would love to make a joke or two about that)... but I'm struggling finding the time to write. 

I love writing.

I love sitting in a quiet room and reading my thoughts as they pour through my fingers.  Sometimes I feel like every time I sit behind my laptop I get to know myself a little better.  Writing somehow helps me channel my thoughts so they aren't flying in a million directions.  It helps me focus.  I guess it's my way to just focus on myself.

My problem right now is that summer vacation has started for my boys, and we are having way too much fun staying up late watching shows like, "America's Got Talent", "Wipe-out", and "Minute to Win it" so by the time they go to bed it's about 10:00... or 11:00... and I've got to get to bed so I'm awake for little baby Owen's drop off at 6:00am.

I suppose my priorities are right.  I'm focusing on spending time with my family and we are definitely enjoying our time together, but I'm missing my "me" time with my blog. 

I'm not sure if there is a perfect answer to my problem.  I seam to be burning the candle at both ends with going to be so late and waking up so early I'm barely getting enough sleep, so as much as I scratch my brain I just can't find the time in my day to commit to just me and my blog. 

So reader, If you have any suggestions on where in the day I might find time to write, please give me some ideas.  I want to keep up my blog... but just don't know how I can do it all.

Tomorrow I'm taking all 5 of my kids strawberry picking.  Wish me luck, and hopefully I'll have some pictures to share with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment