Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Best Job EVER!

His tiny little fingers wrapped around my fingers as he gazes up into my eyes. 

He eagerly drinks his bottle and makes the cutest little grunting noises. 

As the bottle runs low his eyes begin to droop, his breathing becomes more steady, and in perfect timing as he drinks the last drop, he relaxes in my arms, and is asleep. 

A tear runs down my cheek.

Monday I had a baby.

Oh... not in the way you are thinking.  I didn't HAVE a baby.  I HAD a baby in my home... he isn't technically mine.  As of Monday I started watching the sweetest little 4 month old baby boy... I think I'll call him Wilson (my own inside joke).  His Mom is a resident at the hospital with my husband.  She needed someone to watch her little boy and I eagerly jumped at the chance. 

I've been suffering with a bit of baby hunger for a while now, but with my medical history Doc thinks it will be too dangerous for us to have a 4th.  At first that was a little hard to accept, but then I think about how many girls I know that have struggled so hard to just have 1 baby, and I realize that I can't complain.  I'm so grateful for the 3 beautiful, healthy children that I have... and I'm grateful for the many children throughout the years that I've have the opportunity to watch.

Wilson is a dream baby.  He is the easiest baby in the world... just like my Little Princess was.  He only fusses when hungry or wet, and he easily settles down when comforted.  He has the cutest smile!  He loves playing "peek-a-boo" and hearing me sing "horsey, horsey on your way". 

I love holding him.

I have to admit, that I'm not quite on top of my house like I could be... heaven knows he naps enough to make it easy to put him down and go clean up a few things... but it's not that easy to put him down.

It's a good thing that I still have Little Princess and my Little Charge here or I'd be inclined to just sit on the couch all day and play with the baby.  So, when he falls asleep I do force myself to lay him down and go play with Little Princess and my cute Little Charge.

I'm so grateful for these little days.  For the days I get to just stay in my p.j.'s and play with children.  I know that this faze in life will go by quickly and I will miss this someday. 

I love what I do.  I'm so blessed to have a job where I can sing silly songs, and jump up and down and play "Simeon Says" and make creative lunches, and push giggling children on the swing set.  The only true demands I hear all day is "I need to go pee!" or "Give me fruit snacks!"  of course they have to say "please" first. 

I'm so grateful I get to do what I do.

Well... speaking of which Mr. Wilson was just dropped off, so I better post this and get to work.

Hope you all have a good day!

I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment