Monday, May 23, 2011

Tile by Tile

Oh my gosh, I'm so frustrated!  Blogger isn't letting me upload any pictures!  I've tried everything I can think of, but NOTHING is working.  grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Okay... here is my post... minus the pictures.  Sorry...

One of the many projects that Doc and I knocked out over the past week was tiling the kitchen and the hall bathroom. 
We had some linoleum in there that looked okay, but it had some scratches and even a small burn mark on it left from a refrigerator repair man.
Doc thought tile would really make the house look much nicer… and hopefully up the value of it when it comes time to sell in a couple of years.


We got really lucky because when we ripped up the linoleum we found that the previous owner was smart and laid it on backboard, so we didn’t have to buy or screw in backboard.  There were a few spots that we screwed in a little tighter, but we really didn’t have to do much beyond that to prep for tiling.
It took a little while to find tiles that we liked, but finally we agreed on some that we liked, and that would  We were really excited to lay those first tiles!
It took some time to cut all the tiles, lay them and grout it all, but it was worth it.  The kitchen looks amazing!  I love the way the tile turned out!



Cleaning up all the dust from the grout took several cleanings.

And I’m brilliant and didn’t take a picture of the kitchen and bathroom all cleaned up!  I’ll try to remember to do that tomorrow.

Feeling that clean, smooth, cool tile on my feet in the morning is wonderful.  I love how nice it all looks, but more than that I’m so proud that we did it together.  I think that for Doc and I, a house isn’t really a home until we have added our own touch to it. 

We are building our home together … in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment