Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dreaming of a White Christmas

One of my favorite Christmas movies of all time is White Christmas.  The singing and dancing is amazing, and the story line is brilliant.  But my favorite part is at the very end when the doors open and you can see the snow falling outside.  For an Arizona girl, it was magical.


This is my 6th winter in the east and every year I’ve dreamed of a white Christmas, but no luck.  All snow was either melted by Christmas, or came just a few days after the fact.
This year however, the stars seem to be aligning!  There is a beautiful coat of snow on the ground, and according to the weather man, the temps are going to stay below freezing.  To top it off… we should be getting some snow flurries on the Christmas Eve AND Day!
I’m so excited!!!  Please Mr. Weatherman, for once be right!  My fingers are crossed, and I’m dreaming of my children opening their presents with the tree all aglow, a fire in the fireplace, hot cocoa on the stove and snowflakes dancing outside the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment