Friday, December 24, 2010

Not a Creature Was Stirring

I have no idea what sugar plums are, but they should finally be floating around my children's dreams.  It took some time tonight, but they are all finally asleep.

Little Princess was so excited tonight.  She was singing, "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" all day, and I had to lay her down 4 times before she finally closed her eyes.  She kept looking out the window for Rodolph and listening for sleigh bells. 

The boys are still hopeful that there really is a Santa Claus, and I keep reassuring them that there is.  I believe in Santa Claus.  I know he doesn't really come down the chimney and eat millions of cookies, but I believe in the spirit of Santa.  The spirit of giving and love, and thinking of others.  I want my children to cherish that spirit as I do.  I know soon they will figure out for themselves the reality of Santa, but I hope they will forever cherish him as I do.

It's 12:27am.  "Santa" has finished his work, and I'm excited celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ with my children in the morning. 

I'm going to settle my brain for a long winter's nap... and hope that sugar plums visit my head soon... I'm really curious as too what they are.

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment