Friday, December 17, 2010

Grateful for a Mountain of Laundry?

Not usually, but believe it or not, today it's true!

My little princess decided that she was going to clean her room yesterday.  As I was wrapping a few presents in my room I could hear her and my little charge laughing, and the sounds of blocks being cleaned up.  I smiled and thought to myself, "I'm so lucky to have a little girl who tries so hard to keep things clean."

It didn't take long for me to finish up my wrapping and I went across the hall to check on the toddler’s progress.  To my amazement her room was clean!  No blocks on the floor, no dolls in the bed, and no clothes in a pile.  I was elated. 

This morning I decided it was time to tackle the mountain of laundry that was forming at the bottom of the laundry shoot.  After all, my angels did their part in the laundry yesterday, now it was my turn to finish the job.

As I entered the laundry room the expression, "If something is too good to be true, it usually is" rang all to clear.  There in the laundry, mixed up with the clothes and towels, were my little princess’s books, dolls, blocks, and a few ornaments off the tree.  Of course I was frustrated. 

As I was sifting through the mess, sorting out the laundry from the toys I found a glass baby box that a friend had given me for little Princess’s baby shower.  I LOVE this box... and here it was thrown down the laundry shoot!  I hesitated picking it up, knowing that there was no way it could have survived the fall.  I was shocked and so relieved to find that the box had landed right on top of my mountain of laundry and somehow avoided the cement floor.

Who would have thought that a mountain of laundry could become a saving grace?!

No comments:

Post a Comment