Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day Surprise

I set my table early today.  I wanted it to look nice for my Valentine when he got home from work.  It was covered in a red table cloth, set with my simple set of cream plates with forks at the ready.  I pulled out my 3  wine glass candle holders and surrounded them with some off-while fake flowers.  To finish off the look I cut out a bunch of red hearts and sprinkled them around the table.  Then I placed a simple hand made card for each member of my family at their place at the table. 
The table was set for what I hoped would be a nice Valentines Day dinner with my family.
Doc came home a little late today.  He texted me and told me that he had an emergency c-section that he was running too.  I was okay with that.  It would give me a little more time to get some things cleaned up, and figure out what to make for that dinner that the table was already waiting for.
When Doc got home it was about 6:00.  I was so excited to see him. 
He was excited to see me too.
I showed him the table, and he smiled and told me to sit down at the end of it and close my eyes. 
I did.
The boys ran out with Dad to the car to “help” him with this surprise that he was so anxious to get.
I heard some rustling around and giggles from my boys.  Something was placed in front of me, and then I was told it was okay to open my eyes.
I did.
I was confused at first.  I saw a long and kind of narrow box, and on top of it was some brochures and a Norton Anti Virus case. 
“You got me Norton?”  I asked.
“No.”  Droid explained, “He got you a laptop.
Holly cow.  I’ve never had a laptop before!  My other computer was giving me so many problems, and I knew we would need to bite the bullet and buy one soon, but Doc beat me to the punch. 
I’m so excited!
I’m still trying to get used to this, so I wasn’t able to upload the pictures I took of my table… hopefully I’ll remember to do that tomorrow, but anyway, I’m so excited! 
My heart is leaping as my fingers dance across this amazing keyboard. 
I’m so in love with my husband.  Not because he bought me a computer (although that does help.  J) but because of all he is always doing for me.  He’s a great listener, and so patient and understanding with my rants.  He has the hardest work ethic of anyone I know.  He is thoughtful, and considerate, he wants nothing more than to be a good husband and father.  He is honest, and honorable.  He is funny and adventurous.  He is my best friend.  He is my lover.  He is my Valentine, for today, and for always.
Happy Valentines Day.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! You have a wonderful, hard working man to call your own. What a great present and you'll love having a laptop. It's so easy to set down and check email, write a quick note or check on the blog with a laptop by your easy chair...I love mine and it was a gift from my hubby! Your Valentine's table sounded beautiful and how nice you included the whole family, all your sweethearts!

    ReplyDelete