Monday, February 28, 2011

Words to Remember

I love working with children.  Sometimes it’s easier than others, but it’s always rewarding in the end.
In my church I get to be the primary music chorister.  I have a lot of fun teaching them new songs, and playing some fun and silly games that get them excited about the music.  I really enjoy doing it… even though I do a lot of coloring and laminating!
Yesterday the children got to sing in church for all their parents and ward members.  They sang a beautiful song by Sally Deford called “If the Savior Stood Beside Me.”  The words are very thought provoking and I wanted to share them with you.
                                                                     
If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?
Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example?  Would I live more righteously?
If I could see the Savior standing nigh watching over me.
                                                                  
If the Savior stood beside me would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind, if he were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel?  Would I speak more reverently?
If I could see the Savior standing nigh watching over me.

He is always near me, though I do not see Him there.
And because he loves me dearly I am in His watchful care.
So I’ll be the kind of person, that I know I’d like to be,
If I could see the Savior standing nigh watching over me.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that song! I even got to sing it while on my mission, many years ago!

    ReplyDelete