Tuesday, January 25, 2011

At Least We Can All Agree on One Thing... We Wouldn't Have it Any Other Way

I have to admit that sometimes it’s frustrating when the day gets away from me.  I’m really tired, and then I realized, “Oh… I still need to post in my blog!” 

There are many things today that I thought about writing about.  But with it being late, I just don’t have the time to write down everything that I would like to say on the matter.  I wish I had more time to sit down in a quiet room, without having to split my attention from thinking of what to write, and listening to Droid telling me about the details of favorite video game.  I guess I should post earlier in the day, but… then something might happen later that day that makes me smile. 

It seems like there is always a constant debate in my head as to what the best way to go about doing something is.  I guess that’s the never-ending dilemma of motherhood. 

Well… that’s my vent on my frustrations.  Here is what made me happy today.

Tonight I jumped on my elliptical and listened to President Obama’s State of the Union Address.  Although there were a few moments where I was talking (breathlessly between strides) to the TV, disagreeing with a point or two, I loved a comment that President Obama said toward the end of his speech.  I can’t quote it word for word (I’m not skilled enough to take notes and work out at the same time) but he said that although our government definitely disagrees on many things, although everything that goes through congress is going to be vigorously debated, all of us agree, that we wouldn’t want to live anywhere else on earth.  Our government, as complicated as it may seem sometimes, is the best on earth. 

Oh I wish I had time, or a mind that was awake enough to write an essay on what this country means to me.  Maybe I’ll work on that and post an essay later on in the month… don’t count on it… but I’ll see what I can do.

I just know that today when everyone applauded and agreed with the President that as frustrating as our government can be sometimes, it’s still the best one in the world.  That made me smile. 

We are all in this together.  We are all different.  But we can still love and respect each other’s differences.  And really… none of us would have it any other way.  And that makes my heart dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment