Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Shoulder to Cry On.

Today was a hard day.

Last night Little Princess threw up twice. 

This morning Doc had a small fever and said that his stomach was bothering him, and he had a headache.  When I went to wake up the boys for church they both said they weren't feeling well either. 

I thought about staying home with them, but I knew finding a substitute would be hard with such short notice, so I left Doc with all the kids and I went to church.

I was just a little late, and when I went in I saw Jewel sitting in a pew with her girls, so I sat down and asked if this seat was taken.  Then I looked in her eyes.  It was evident that she had been crying.  One of her daughters were also teared up, and the older one was looking very concerned.

I was pretty sure what was happening... I also knew that the girls didn't know.

I put my arm around my dear friend, let her lean on my shoulder, and as she cried, I felt tears on my cheeks too.

After a few minutes she said that she needed to leave for a minute, so we left her girls with her their Grandma, and we grabbed our coats and headed to my car.

We sat in the parking lot of the church, and I listened as she told me what was happening.

Her marriage was falling apart.  It breaks my heart.  The uncertainty of the future is so overwhelming to her. 

Agency is a God given gift to us all.  It is such a blessing, yet sometimes feels like such a curse.  So often we want to make people "see the light", and choose a path that we feel would be best for them... but if they choose another path, what can you do?  It is after all, their choice.

I'm praying tonight that Jewel and her husband will be able to work everything out, and remember the love that they have for each other. 

I wish I could give better advice, but I honestly don't really know what advice to give her.  I've been very blessed to not have been this close to a potential divorce situation, and I have no idea what to do, but follow the spirit, and give her my honest thoughts and point of view, and pray for her. 

Please pray for her family too.

I think I getting the stomach bug that my poor Doc has.  I'm going to go to bed.

Looking for something to be grateful for today was harder.  I feel a little guilty letting myself find a reason to "dance" while my dear friend is hurting so badly. 

I guess tonight I'm going to rejoice in my friendship that I have with her.  Though I feel so helpless, I'm so glad that I can lend a shoulder to cry on when my friend needs it.  I just wish I could do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment